Post Doc : Study of CV-QKD solutions for quantum communications – F/M mois
Ref : 0033220 | 19 juil. 2021
Date limite de candidature : 30 sept. 2021
2 avenue Pierre Marzin 22300 LANNION – France
Your role will be to participate to the evaluation of the performances of the quantum key distribution technology CV-QKD in different telecom network contexts in order to identify the limitations.
You will study the CV-QKD quantum communications systems and implement, in the laboratory, a complete CV-QKD system (source, fiber transmission line and coherent detector) including the specific signal processing of quantum cryptography, in order to be able to detect potential intrusions. This experimentation will allow you to evaluate the co-propagation of the quantum channel with WDM channels.
According to the obtained results, you may study the solutions allowing to increase the transmission range of QKD systems (i.e. quantum repeaters) and to generalize the use of these techniques in a telecom environment.
This post-doc position is for a PhD who has succesfully defended his thesis. The topic adress the quantum cryptography applied to coherent optical telecommunications. The required skills are those corresponding to a thorough initial training in optical telecommunications and cryptography (master’s level or engineering degree). A thesis in the field of quantum cryptography would be an advantage.
The key scientific and technical thematics that will be addressed in the post-doc are:
– Coherent optical telecommunications systems
– Digital communications, signal processing
– Quantum physics and Quantum key distribution.
Experimental skills and in particular a good knowledge of optical measurement devices and coherent optical telecommunications devices are also required.
Fluency in English is essential: this post-doc will be partly conducted as part of a European cooperative project.
Le plus de l’offre
- Your scientific reflection and your creativity will be stimulated and reinforced by the pragmatic and operational vision of Orange.
- You will develop your skills in the most advanced cryptography techniques and integrate one of the best optical communications operator research laboratories, with the best experimental tools in metrology, tests and measurements.
- Finally, participation in a European collaborative project (H2020 Flagship CiViQ) bringing together major players in the QKD domain will help you expand your vision of the field.
Within the Wireline Networks and Infrastructure (WNI) Department and attached to the Architecture and Programmable Optical Transmission (AOT) department, the SOAN (Synchronization and Optical Agile Network) team is in charge of Research and Anticipation activities on WDM transmission systems and agile and programmable optical transport networks.
The team of about twenty people has experimental optical transmission test-beds and powerful test and measurement tools to recreate the conditions of propagation of optical signals in the fiber and to assess the latest technologies in Research and in Anticipation contexts.